Thursday, April 8, 2010

Shots---Ice Cream---Jump On It

This morning we (Me, Austin, Shaun, Natalie and their dear kind Aunt Tricia) all went down to the health department for the kids immunizations. I'm just glad Tricia was there. So Austin went first and let me tell you she was not happy. I gave her some Tylenol before we left, and when she asked what it was for I told her she was going to get her shots today for kindergarten. Well THAT was not a good idea. This poor little girl got so nervous. On her way back to the room she was crying and begging not to go. And when she actually got her shots all hell broke loose. She was screaming and crying. I honestly thought she was going to pass out. I felt so bad for my little girl. Not to mention they gave her 5 shots! Poor little thing. When we got back out to the waiting room She was still screaming. I thought she was going to make Shaun start crying.
Shaun was very brave on the walk back to the exam room. He was just talking it up how he was going to get ice cream after this and have gummy bears on top. He did however start to get nervous when the nurse started prepping his arm. After that he was not happy. He wasn't quite as bad as Austin, but still. I took him back out to the waiting room, and left poor Tricia with two crying kids while I took Natalie back.
Now in my opinion Natalie's was the worst because the poor little thing didn't know what was coming. When we got to the exam room the nurse was just talking to her and my happy little Natalie was just smiling back. Then that mean old nurse just poked her. All of the sudden Natalie's smile was gone, and she looked shocked and confused. And when the nurse gave her the second shot it was an all out panic. So when I brought the third crying kid in the waiting room, I figured it was maybe time to get out of there and go get ice cream.



Here they are happy as can be before the torture begins. We certainly did not leave the building looking this way.
Here they are a few hours later at 'Jump On It" basically a giant warehouse full of trampolines and bounce houses. Every kids dream right?

This is Natalie with her sunburn and hillbilly tooth. Yesterday I cleaned out all three of our storage sheds in the carport, and it was sunny but a bit chilly. So I put Natalie in her stroller in the sun. Oops. I didn't realize it was that long. But of course no complaints from the girl. She is my fairest one so far. I will defiantly have to be careful with her this Summer.


1 comment:

Brenda said...

I love her little hillbilly tooth. I am so glad that I was busy and was unable to accompany you to the health department - blech - sad babies - I would have been crying too!