Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Dad Vader

Recently Shaun and Austin have been doing extra jobs and saving their money because Shaun wanted to buy a light saber and Austin wanted to buy another new swimming suit. This girl practically lives in swimming suits. So Shaun had saved up enough money and we talked to him about tithing and he willing gave, so we were very proud of him. So he got his coveted blue light saber so he could be Luke Skywalker.

Now ALL day he has been fighting me (I am using Uncle Shane's light saber) with his new light saber. He had not put the thing down all day. He LOVES it. So I was talking to Ben while he was at work, telling him all of this, and Ben who is my favorite person in the whole world and the biggest kid I know gets this idea...

So Ben went to Wal*Mart after work and bought a light saber of his own, though I don't think he did his extra jobs around the house. Oh well. When he got home from work he snuck in the house and went up to his room and put on the most convincing Darth Vader ensemble my 3 year old boy has ever seen.

I was thinking Shaun would just run out and fight him as fast as he could. But I guess Ben was just a little too convincing.

Let's just say Shaun was very relieved to find out it was just his Daddy.

6 comments:

Danny & Desirae Sommers said...

I love it! I sure miss those days. Boys are so much fun. Ben sure is a cool dad.

Jeff and Kira said...

Haha so cute! This totally made my day! What a great daddy!

Brenda said...

Ha hahahahahaha, I don't know who is funnier - Shaun or Ben.

Heidi said...

Don't you just hate it when the dang dog poop interupts a good Star Wars extravaganza?

Megan said...

LOL! Chun had to stop eating his Popsicle to come watch the fight.

Lisa and Mark said...

BEAST!!!!! i have had this bookmarked to show mark for days. we laughed and laughed. such a good day, and yet, so beastly!