Monday, May 3, 2010

Inaugural Girls Weekend

I just got back from the Sommers first girls weekend. It was really fun. We went to St. George and stayed in the parents condo. We just so happened to go the very same weekend as the St. George Ironman. For those of you who don't know what an Ironman consists of, let me just tell you. So you start off with a 2.4 mile swim, and then you go on a 112 mile bike ride, and to top it off you run a full 26.2 mile marathon. It was really neat to watch. The guy that won did that all in 8 hours and 25 minutes. Wow! Tricia and I felt like our half marathon was sounding pretty pitiful.



Here we are getting ready to watch the first bikers come in. The weather was SO nice there.
This was the first place female. She was amazing!

This is Tricia dreaming of the day when she will be an ironwoman. With a triumphant pose like that, I say why stop there?


So the lady in pink is just a walking stereotype and I couldn't help but take a picture of her. She has the pink suit, the dog, the bag, AND the wig. Don't judge me. I know you would have done the same.


Here are Becca (Shane's wife) Tricia (Doug's wife) and the Mother peaking over a much smaller version of Zion.


So while we were having lunch this little guy walked over to us looking very hungry. Tricia gave him a generous chunk of her Cheeto. He picked it up and started walking away with it. He will most likely be king of the colony upon his return. And yes Tricia knew full well that there was a $100 fine for feeding the wild life. But I guess this guy looks a lot less wild than a squirrel.


Here we are outside of the lodge after hiking the Emerald Pools.



This is the waterfall going into the Upper Emerald Pool. It was really pretty.




Here we are before we started hiking. Some nice Canadians took our picture.



This is the face of an almost free woman. The day before I left I was watching Tara's kids for her (she was on a cruise, lucky duck) And It had just been one of those days. It was really fun to go. And it was really fun to come home.











4 comments:

Brenda said...

I love Tricia's Ironman pose and I love you!

Jeff and Kira said...

You are so funny! I love the ant and the cheeto and Tricia's ironwoman pose :)

Megan said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Don't you love getting away so you can be even happier and more grateful when you return.

Danny & Desirae Sommers said...

LOL, You are so awesome and funny!