Monday, August 16, 2010

Road Trip

Well, It's official. We are now Springfieldites? We just arrived today, and so far I absolutely love it! I love that Ben and I are now on our own. It is a bit scary... especially when you are lost driving around downtown Kansas City looking for a gas station that has diesel with the gas light on. A word to the wise... Don't go to downtown Kansas City after dark. Now I have some pictures form the trip here and I want you all to know that I did not swerve one bit while taking these. I just had to delete a TON of pictures. Most of them were of the sky, when I was shooting for yet another corn field.

Here is my adorable little Naddie Bear. She was Daddy's helper half of the time. As long as she has a baba and a toy that makes noise she is a happy camper. I had to give her my walkie talkie a few times though.


Early in the morning on our way out. At this point I had Natalie in the car with me, she was asleep of course.


Here is my Shaun boy. This poor little guy is very confused right now. Good thing he has new toys to soften the blow right? The whole trip he was just naming off things that he is 'never going to see again'
Grandma
Aiden
Our house
Uncle Jeff that has Carlton
just to name a few.



This is the beast that my Benny drove the whole way. If you look very closely you can see a small Bear in the passenger side.



Ok Folks, this is the hote- motel that we stayed in the first night on the road. Never again! Those are all crickets!!!! Click on the picture for a better view and so that you can sympathize with me. The next night I MADE Benny take us to a nicer one. He was kind of mad that is cost double... But it was one of those situations that I would just gladly take the consequences.




My happy girl. Yes that is a box of wheat thins. I just kept handing her things to try to keep her occupied.




She just couldn't keep her eyes open. I love this girl. She is such a sweetie. She was very well behaved this trip.




We stayed at about 55 mph the whole time. It was a long trip with that big truck.





I thought this was WAY cool. So this is the highway that we are on and a whole lane was closed due to flooding. We are definitely not in Utah anymore.





Mmmmmmm.



Would you like that in small or large bills?



Shaun was very protective of his backpack the whole time. If he had to go to the bathroom his backpack went with him. This is where he keeps his power rangers.





This was a reservoir that we passed over. I thought it was neat in a very trees growing in the water kind of way.





Almost there!



Just as I was putting these pictures on my computer I realized that I didn't take a single one of Benny. He was in a different car for the last 1,200 miles. So here he is all snuggled up and ready for bed. I love this man. Though I will miss everyone in Utah VERY much, I am so excited to start this new adventure with him.














6 comments:

Brenda said...

So excited that you posted! Love the pics! Miss you guys already. Babygirl loved Despicable me - so did the rest of us - the Hunters, Nate and MC, Doug and Tricia, Shane and Becca - good party.

Danny & Desirae Sommers said...

I am so excited for you. I always wanted to go away with Danny and my family just to experience something new. I sure wish I could have seen you before you left. I love you all so much and hope you get to visit once in awhile.

Lisa and Mark said...

yuck! that is a LOOOOONG roadtrip!

Heidi said...

You guys are all going to do awesome as Springfieldians! I love you....and, you crack me up!

Jeff and Kira said...

Your posts always brighten my day. You are so funny and your family is so cute. I'm so glad you are excited about your new life in Missouri. I'm sure you guys will have a great time!

Megan said...

You are awesome. What a great attitude and an exciting experience you are beginning. Loved all the pics telling the story. Good Luck!!